Our History (1850 - present)
Although the actual buildings and locations have changed over the years, what hasn’t changed is FPCA’s commitment to live – and to invite others to live – a thoughtful, heart-felt authentic faith.
FPCA has always sought to be a leader in social and personal transformation. During the American Civil War, FPCA aligned with the Northern Presbyterian Church while every other Texas Presbyterian Church aligned with the Southern Presbyterian Church.
After the Civil War, Pastor E.B. Wright established FPCA as a place of reconciliation and grace, as FPCA encouraged former enemies to ask for God’s blessings, and for one another’s forgiveness. North/South, Former Slaves/Former Slaveholders, People of Faith/People of Doubt – all joined together to seek out a better way of life and service.